The Cabin „Berghütte Fichtelstreich“ was built in 1959 and renovated with regional natural materials in 2011. Your hosts, Cindy and Erik hope you feel comfortable in the little cabin nestled on the foot of mount “Fichtelberg” with a stunning view on the mountain, the Ski jumps and the beautiful meadows. In winter the popular sledging hill is situated right next to the house.
Come in and feel just like home!
The name „Berghütte Fichtelstreich“
The name is composed of two names – “Berghütte” – meaning mountain cabin and “Fichtelstreich” being a compound new word meaning Fichte (Spruce) and “Streich” (meaning wind blow or trick). The cabin is situated on the foot of mount “Fichtelberg” and the wind blows lightly through the trees. A warming fire is crackling in the cockle stove and the smell of hot chocolate is in the air. In summer you enjoy the sunset on the terrace and listen to the blow in the trees. And when you are back home you will still be hearing the charming and soothing sound of the “Fichtelstreich”.
The Berghütte Fichtelstreich is equipped with modern amenities. If you, however like it more rustic, you can chop wood outside at the chopping block and then spark a cozy fire in the stove – a great adventure for the whole family.
- Two bedrooms, one with kingsize bed, one with 2 single beds, one additional bedding in each bedroom possible
- Two bathrooms, both with shower, hairdryer, one with bath tub (take a warm bath and watch the snowflakes or butterflies dance outside the window)
- Living room with cockle stove, big seating area and dinner table, (sleeper) couch
- Fully equipped kitchen with stove, microwave, dishwasher and old wood stove for boiling and heating
- Hallway with ski/ snowboard rack
- Basement with additional storage space (also to coolly store beverages)
- Terrace with barbecue and outside seating
- Parking space at the house
- Natural flower garden
- Pets welcome
- Internet Wlan
- Baby equipment (baby chair, baby bed etc.) available upon request
- Delivery of freshly baked rolls and bread to the door by local bakery
- Breakfast and dinner in the nearby restaurant “Schanzenblick” (additional)
- Wood and coal for cockle stove or barbecue available upon request (additional)
- Sleigh rental
- Towels, linen provided for stay
We would love to organize you special event e.g. take a sleigh ride with horses through the winterwonderland or the beautifully meadows with pick up directly at the cabin.
The mountain Cabin “Berghütte Fichtelstreich” was renovated with regional natural materials such as spruce wood or regional slate. We exclusively use organic cleansing supplies or textiles. Beddings, pillows and blankets are anti allergic. We are supplied with green energy (Provider: OptimalGrün). Please support the environment by making careful use of water and electricity. Please also use our waste separation system and bring out your organic waste to our compost, next to our insect-hotel. We also sponsor our local sporty association OSV (Oberwiesenthaler Sport Verein).
135 Euro per night
180 Euro per night
225 Euro per night